Director of Content Marketing
We are looking for a humble, hungry, smart Director of Content Marketing to take our digital platforms to new heights and shatter records. You are constantly brainstorming and implementing both large strategic changes and small incremental tweaks to make results happen. When you see a promising opportunity, you create leverage and maximize it. You pick up the phone and negotiate partnership deals. You are insatiably committed to maintaining successful relationships with your clients and your team, as a trusted advisor, leader, and mentor. This is a high-impact role where you are expected to significantly level up the business.
Single Grain is a small, but mighty, digital marketing agency in downtown LA. We specialize in PPC, Paid Social, SEO, and Content Marketing working with clients such as Intuit, Uber, and Amazon. Our founder and thought leader, Eric Siu, has led Single Grain to where it is now and is continuing to grow its audiences through a variety of channels.
Eric hosts two podcasts - Marketing School (1M downloads/mo) and Growth Everywhere (100k downloads/mo). Growth Everywhere posts weekly interviews of world-class entrepreneurs and C-level executives and pulls out actionable insights to help you grow personally and professionally. Marketing School brings you 10 minutes of marketing advice and strategies every single day. We speak at conferences as well as host our own, we run a blog with over 200,000 visitors/mo and have a YouTube channel with 22,000+ subscribers. We even have our own SaaS tool and educational products.
All of this is to fulfill our mission to create meaningful predictable growth for business-owners and companies from Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises.
About the Role
The Director of Content Marketing at Single Grain will develop and execute a broad strategy to bring more people to the front of the funnel by increasing awareness and interest in addition to AND outside what we've already built. You will take charge of our various channels along with our thriving e-mail list and evolve our foundations into something even more remarkable.
We're not looking for a one trick pony - rather someone that understands the different aspects of marketing and knows how to marry them together while being able to recruit and mentor their team to hit goals. Ideally, this is someone who has managed large spends and has helped brands transition through a similar process. You will report directly to the Founder.
When you apply, please include the words "content is cool” in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
- Serve as a strategic content marketing lead, building upon and improving what we have so far in regards to content marketing
- Recruit, nurture, and grow an exceptional team capable of delivering record-breaking outcomes
- Embrace the new and unknown to creatively apply ground-breaking techniques and ensure we are always ahead of the curve
- Ruthlessly analyze data to get rid of what doesn't work and fixate on what does
- 4+ years experience in content management, increasing traffic and revenue (preferably in an agency or SaaS company)
- 4+ years experience of recruiting and mentoring teams of at least 6 people
- Well-versed in SEO, content, e-mail, paid media, podcasts, and social channels (YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Huge plus for managing websites of over 1M monthly uniques
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, analytical, and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Include the words “content is cool” in your cover letter (or your application will be disqualified)
- Flexible work schedule: work in-office Monday to Wednesday and option to work remote on Thursdays and Fridays
- Growth-oriented culture
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Commuter and other pre-tax benefits
- Meditation wellness on-demand
- Start-up support for passion projects and side hustles
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- Monday team lunches, stocked kitchen, team happy hours
*Benefits start after a 90-day probationary period