Business Development Intern to Hire (Paid)
Single Grain is a small, but mighty, digital marketing agency in downtown LA. We specialize in PPC, Paid Social, SEO, and Content Marketing to create meaningful predictable growth for companies from Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises, such as Intuit, Uber, and Amazon. We are an effective and dynamic team passionate about educating, growing and moving the digital industry forward. Check out our Instagram @single.grain for a peek of what our days look like in the office!
We are looking for a humble, hungry and smart Business Development Intern to join our growing Business Development team. You will be a great fit if
- You are tech-savvy, self-starting, resourceful, entrepreneurial, endlessly curious, and highly ambitious
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
When you apply, please include the words “Biz Dev is Cool” in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
About the Role
Our team is full of equally passionate digital marketers. As a Single Grain intern you’ll get a full, real-life marketing education from a group of smart, enthusiastic mentors. The position will be 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for 3 months with an opportunity to grow into a full-time position. The ideal candidate is able to transition into a full-time role immediately after the internship. In return, you'll learn tactical sales skills that will enhance your education and make you a desirable candidate in today's digital-centric workforce.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Head of Business Development
- Create client proposals and contracts
- Research companies who meet our Ideal Customer Profile to create an outbound prospect list
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Accompany business development team at meetings and conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interested in exploring a sales career
- Contribute to the success of the sales team by maintaining a positive, cooperative attitude and working harmoniously with the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven and wants to figure things out for themselves (but knows when to ask for help).
- Extremely detailed, organized, reliable, and trustworthy
- Please include the words “Biz Dev is Cool” in your cover letter
- Paid internship
- Flexible work schedule: work in-office Monday to Wednesday and option to work remote on Thursdays and Fridays
- Growth-oriented culture
- Commuter benefit
- Meditation wellness benefit
- Monday team lunches, stocked kitchen, team happy hours
- Potential full-time offer with additional benefits at the end of the 90-day internship