Content Marketing Intern to Hire (Paid)
We’re Looking for an Ambitious Content Marketing Intern
Single Grain is a marketing powerhouse, offering everything from digital marketing services to online education to a SaaS product.
Our small, but mighty, digital agency arm helps clients like Intuit, Uber, and Amazon grow their businesses through our SEO, PPC, content marketing, and social advertising services.
Our education department targets smaller businesses and entrepreneurs with comprehensive courses on SEO, content marketing, and how to start a successful agency or consultancy.
Finally, our proprietary SaaS SEO split-testing tool is used by major enterprise companies, with new customers joining daily.
We do a lot and we’re in a period of exciting and rapid growth. That’s why we’re looking for a talented, ambitious content marketing intern to work with our Head of Content Marketing. This is a paid internship.
A Crash Course in Marketing
Single Grain’s CEO Eric Siu is a major thought leader in the space — hosting two marketing podcasts and contributing thought leadership to Inc., Entrepreneur, Hubspot, and Social Media Examiner.
Our team is full of equally passionate digital marketers; as a Single Grain intern you’ll get a full, real-life marketing education from a group of smart, enthusiastic mentors.
You won’t be checking off tasks or following an internship curriculum in this role; you’ll be driving your own projects and owning major facets of our marketing plan. You may be crazy busy, but you’ll never be bored or micromanaged.
Best of all, you’ll leave with tactical content marketing skills that will enhance your education and make you a desirable candidate in today’s digital-centric workforce. You’ll learn content marketing, SEO, lead generation, marketing tools, blogging, social media. We also — offer — well, require — you to take high-value, high courses in copywriting, data analysis, SEO, marketing funnels, and more.
Just Some of What You’ll Do
- Create blog content (short form and long form), lead magnets, and other editorial pieces.
- Pitch ideas for new media and engaging topics.
- Curate past content to find the narrative thread — and create larger content pieces like detailed industry reports.
- Build larger business case studies.
- Stay on top of marketing and industry news so that we can report on new, hot trends.
- Drive content collaborations with influencers.
- Source, engage, and book high-profile guests for Growth Everywhere podcast and video interviews.
- Learn all about SEO and content marketing — from podcasting to YouTube series to Live videos to blogging
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Typing speed at least 60 wpm
- Self-driven and wants to figure things out for themselves (but knows when to ask for help).
- Journalism or content marketing experience, whether that be from a prior internship, school, organization, or job.
- Organized, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Can come into the office in downtown LA at least twice/week, as well as work from home.
- To apply, please include ‘journalism is cool’ in the first line of your customized cover letter.
- Please also include 3 examples of your most impressive journalism work and tell us why you think it’s impressive. Failure to do the above will unfortunately result in your application being disqualified.
- Paid internship
- Monday team lunches
- Flexible work schedule: Work 3 days from the office and 2 days from home (Thurs-Fri)
- Growth-oriented culture
- Potential full-time offer with benefits at the end of the 90-day internship