Video Production Intern
Single Grain is a small -- but mighty -- digital marketing agency in downtown LA. We help clients like Intuit, Uber, and Amazon grow their revenues through SEO, PPC, content marketing, social advertising, and more. And we’re looking for a talented, ambitious video production intern to work with our Video Production Manager.
A Crash Course in Marketing
Single Grain’s CEO Eric Siu is a major thought leader in the space -- hosting two marketing podcasts and contributing thought leadership to Inc., Entrepreneur, Hubspot, and Social Media Examiner. Our team is full of equally passionate digital marketers. If you want a full, real-life marketing and video education, we have people excited to teach you.
You won’t be checking off tasks or missing out on the action in this role; you’ll be driving your own projects and owning major facets of our video production plan. You may be crazy busy, but you won’t be bored or micromanaged.
Some of What You’ll Do
- YouTube Channel Optimization.
- Topic brainstorming for our internal content.
- Connect with other YouTube creators to arrange and brainstorm collaborations.
- Film tutorial videos and vlog episodes.
- Work with our designers to create compelling thumbnails for videos.
- Editing and project preparation.
- Basic motion graphics
- Assist with development and pitching for commercial video shoots.
- Assist location scouting and pre-production for commercial shoots
- Prepare call sheets for commercial production.
- Coordinate equipment rentals and crew assignments for commercial productions.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write compelling descriptions a plus.
- Self-driven, wants to figure it out themselves
- Social media and content marketing experience, in prior internship or for school organization
- Can come into the office in downtown LA
- Reliable, trustworthy
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but we will train.
Please include 'Videos are cool' in your cover letter if you want to be considered for this role. Any application without this requirements will not be considered.
- Free Breakfast, Coffee & Snacks
- $13 / hr paid internship
At the end of three months with Single Grain, Interns will have:
- Three Digital Marketing Certifications
- Understanding of how to develop a commercial video production
- Deep knowledge of YouTube - How to grow and optimize a channel
- Working knowledge of SEO - how to optimize content for search
- Social media expertise - the tools, the data, and how to work with the paid team on campaigns
- Production Experience - How to schedule, film, and edit a production.
- Project management experience - how to manage freelancers, track projects, and keep content on track
- Equipment and Editing software expertise